Our AGM took place on Thursday 22 March and was hosted by outgoing chairperson Rosalind Buckland. The event was well attended and saw the start of a transition where we agreed to amend our constitution and refresh our committee structure.
Sadly, we wished a very fond farewell, best wishes and a very big thank you to our secretary Valerie Laycock. Emma Suffield was welcomed to the role.
The excellent afternoon workshop was delivered by author and teacher Kenny Pieper : Reading for pleasure, a passport to everywhere (Independent Thinking Press, 2016).
- Wednesday 8th November 2017: SLA Lancashire Branch Meeting:
Ripley St. Thomas C.E. Academy, Ashton Road, Lancaster LA1 4RS
Rooted in Reading
- Friday 12 - Sunday 14 June 2015: SLA Weekend Course: Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre, Stone, Staffordshire: Creating Future Learners: A Hoard of Knowledge
- Friday 20 - Saturday 21 June 2014: SLA Weekend Course: No Librarian is an Island: Making Friends and Influencing People (Manchester)
- Friday 21 - Sunday 23 June 2013: SLA Weekend Course: Reaching Out: New Ways to Engage (Belfast)
- 25-27 June 2010: SLA Weekend Course: The Magic Threshold: Step Into New Worlds (Nottingham)
- 19-21 June 2009: SLA Weekend Course: Take Your Partners: School Libraries Building Bridges (Guildford)
- 13-15 June 2008: SLA Weekend Course: School Libraries: Leading Learning (Glasgow)
- 22-24 June 2007: SLA Weekend Course: The Future Is Now (Nottingham)
- 23-25 June 2006: SLA Weekend Course: If You've Got It, Flaunt It - Promoting School Libraries (Bath)